From Artist Alicia M B Ballard to You: TALKS, WORKSHOPS, SEMINARS, GATHERINGS ©2003/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11 ~ White Rock, British Columbia, Canada.

Saturday, March 25, 2006

MY STORY ~

I often say that compared to many others, in general, I have lived at least three lifetimes… As a matter of fact, my life was “eventful” even before birth.Having grown up away from my parents and in strict discipline practising boarding schools until the age of thirteen has also added early on a myriad of observations and experiences to my “bag of life”.

At the age of twenty-one I emigrated from Argentina to Canada and in no time I became a very active community member, both in the political as well as the multicultural arenas.Being the first women (Province-wide) to hold the post of President of an ethno-cultural organization, one of the first three female Immigration Officers in Alberta (among the first group ever nation-wide), and usually the only or youngest female in other interest groups, along with other major timely projects, with their many participants and as many diverse needs, not only benefited me - as an aside, but also placed yet another variety of serious insights into the bag…

Life was productive and successful in many aspects for many years, while the “deep” personal remained a bit of a mystery not only to myself but, to many others throughout the years. I “ploughed on” anyhow.In 1996, after some time of physical, personal, professional and financial instability, which also became in time “social isolation”, my life took a dramatic downturn.
The comeback from that fateful, life-changing series of events that culminated in a monumental meltdown, brought on an even more profound, life-altering, enhancing, evolving growth period for which I am now very grateful for and fully understand.

Life has many passages; every passage has its process of learning/receiving information, understanding and finally living out our new found knowledge which enriches our lives and the lives of those around us..